We are a CPA firm and a local firm keen to support SMEs nationwide. We carry out all the services of an accountancy firm in terms of audit, tax and advisory and our niche area is in that of Advising on the buying and selling of businesses and helping entrepreneurs and SMEs to build, grow and execute deals. We have a lot of experience in the tourism & hospitality sectors. We have international clients and deal with overseas advisors on various giving local and global advice.
Over the last 20 years we have assisted lots of expatriates in their move to Kinsale and surrounding areas from all corners of the globe and enjoy helping them in their financial and tax planning move here in a totally private and confidential manner.
We act for some of the leading CEO’s and business leaders in Ireland and beyond and learn as much from them as they do from us in the process. We are good listeners and enjoy problem solving. Our website is our best resource to download our recent Start Up guide free to help start up’s given that Ireland has moved into 5th place among EU countries for those who aspire to be entrepreneurs.
Fitzgerald & Partners are an accountancy firm based in Kinsale, Co. Cork. The business advisory firm has a full range of services available in audit, tax and advisory.
Our free tax app is a useful tool for scanning receipts and mileage tracking and our cloud based accounting solutions are geared towards using technology to make data collection and accounts more efficient. We are working with our clients to help them in their personal income tax returns to help them in this process. Our co-working space is a popular choice for our clients to have a base in kinsale town centre.
Our premium brand in the accountancy profession is growing thanks to our clients and referrers of business. Our focus for 2020 is to niche more and continue to give our clients a best in class service. We were honoured to be one of only two Irish CPA firms to be selected as a case study for the SMP Practice of the future in a global accountancy research report by the Edinburgh Group which went to over 900,000 accountants worldwide. We also were shortlisted in the advisory team of the year at the Irish Accountancy Awards.
We are doing a lot of work in terms of Brexit advisory cited as the main concern for business at present in terms of helping our Irish clients who are exporting but also helping the UK SME sector in setting up Irish subsidiaries here to have a base in Ireland and also have access to Europe which is part of their Brexit planning process.
Our team are constantly looking to add value and innovate and on a constant improvement process. Many thanks to all our clients, advisors, mentors and those who have supported us and continue to do so in our journey. Please follow us on social media for regular updates.
Annual business luncheon
Kinsale Brexit Briefing 2018
The firm has an excellent team to service the requirements of our clients.
- Our team are good listeners and are keen to understand and work with our clients. The ethos of the firm is that of growth, both growing as a firm ourselves but also to help our clients in developing growth strategies for their business.
- We work in compliance such as income tax returns and corporation tax returns to consultancy assignments where we act as consultants in a business advisory capacity for small, medium and large clients. We deal with both private and corporate assignments on a totally confidential basis including tax and wealth management.
- Some of our niche areas we enjoy working in would be international tax where clients are moving to Ireland from other jurisdictions and we help in tax planning that move for them. Another growth area is our business advisory service where we add value to businesses by understanding the challenges that they face. We regularaly advise on the buying and selling of businesses
- Our office outsourcing – business centre is there to service the needs of our clients in outsourcing aspects of their business such as VAT, payroll, management accounts and we use cloud based technology so that our clients can have their data available on their devices in real time which SMEs need to monitor their business using KPI’s.
- We enjoy working with SMEs and entrepreneurs with the latest in technology and software, provided by our excellent team of CPA’s who work both on and off site, travelling to businesses in the Munster area each morning as is required.
- Our team do regular updates for our clients, in terms of seminars, conferences, quarterly newsletters and social media updates via all the social media platforms. Our niche areas that we particularly enjoy working in are dealing with expatriates, those moving to Ireland and also in the areas of tourism and hospitality, consulting and advisory and a particular focus of working with entrepreneurs.
- Cormac Fitzgerald FCPA has a special interest in the SME sector and is a large employer in the Cork area. He is the past president of CPA Ireland, one of Irelands leading accountancy bodies and former KPMG Cork Business Person of the Year.
- The firm is well branded and profiled as a leading business advisor in the SME sector, which accounts for 99% of business in Ireland. The firm writes articles for local media, supports events locally in the heart of the community and constantly aims to innovate in areas like on-line accounting. Our Business Centre outsources for SMEs. For a start-up client, the firm provides a start-up guide downloadable on our website addressing starting your own business. The guide is also available through the firm’s referral network. We have also a new innovative App which is free to download.
SMP Practice of the future:
We recently featured as a case study in a global report.
The Global report recommends that small to medium sized practitioners and professional accountancy bodies must work together to adapt to change for an evolving future. A global research report ‘The SMP of the Future in a Changing World’ commissioned by the Edinburgh Group – a coalition of 16 accountancy bodies from across the world – examines the landscape ahead for the Accountancy Profession.
This report offers recommendations for small to medium sized practitioners (SMPs) and Professional Accountancy Organisations (PAOs) about how they can work better together and sustain great working relationships.
The report also states that SMPs and the PAOs that support them should prepare together for a rapidly evolving future that sees many changes on the horizon. Changes include digital technologies, regulation and deregulation to the education and skills needed to sustain and develop in this changing environment.
The report is based on an SMP survey, which gave 1,906 responses in 11 languages from 52 countries, alongside interviews with key staff in Edinburgh Group professional accountancy organisations and a series of SMP case studies. It also includes a review of other academic research into SMPs. We were honoured to be one of the only two Irish CPA firms to feature in the report.
Doing Business in Kinsale
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.