As part of its National Service Delivery Framework and in conjunction with Tusla’s Prevention, Partnership and Family Support Strategy, Tusla in Cork are implementing Meitheal as a support to children, young people and families.
The Meitheal process is a means by which a parent/ carer and child/ young person is supported to identify what they would like to be different in their lives so the young person can reach their full potential. The process helps bring supportive services together to work with the family. It creates a team around the child to agree a plan that is regularly reviewed.
Useful contacts during COVID 19 Pandemic
- Tusla’s Parenting 24 Seven website: https://www.tusla.ie/parenting-24-seven/
- For tips on talking to children and young people about CoVid 19 see: https://www.iasw.ie/page/538
- The Cork CYPSC Supporting Parents Action Leaflets can be accessed at: https://www.cypsc.ie/cork/resources.362.html and are available in foreign languages too, I will send on the PDF copies in a minute.
- Barnardos National Support Service 1800910123 Open 10-2pm
- ISPCC / Childline see website for number which changes daily – open 9-1pm. They operate a phone, web and text service.
- Parentline – 1890 927277.
All the Meitheal Forms and Guidance Documents including the Meitheal Toolkit and the Meitheal Information Leaflet’s for Children and Young People & Parents are found at this link:
Information on the key findings from the UNESCO Child & Family Research Centre at NUIG can be found here https://www.nuigalway.ie/about-us/news-and-events/news-archive/2018/september2018/nui-galway-study-finds-significant-improvements-in-tusla-child-and-family-support-services.html there are also links to the full research reports from this page.
Videos on the Meitheal process and families speaking about their experiences of Meitheal can be found on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF6DKMBZPzc (Jennifer’s story)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RrE4u39E-c (from 2:50 – 5:00 min hear directly from parents)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eabGscYr38 (Young Person’s experience of Meitheal)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2Lkrcgwh1E (from 0:30 – 3:30 focuses on Meitheal in particular)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDxl-1crxBw (Mam & Dad from Kildare)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp89nsR5jcE (Animation video by young people for young people – Meitheal Like a Pro)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y-umfo7780 (Charlie & Sinead’s story)
If you would like more information please contact:
South Lee – Joan Nolan ( +353 (0) 87-7165904 * email@example.com
Seosaimhin O Halloran ( +353 (0) 873887313 * firstname.lastname@example.org
Download: Meitheal Request form
Bandon/ Kinsale CFSN (Child and Family Support Network): Information piece for Bandon Directory- 12 of Feb
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.